Batch and continuous paddle and ribbon mixers for the processing industries.
Click on Mixer to view animation.
Phone line connection speeds will take longer to download.
Marion Mixers, Inc.
3575 3rd Avenue
Marion, Iowa 52302
Page updated 6-24-04
Marion Mixers, Inc. (originally founded as Rapids Machinery Company in 1933) has been a leader in the design and manufacture of custom, industrial mixers and blenders since 1938. Nearly 65 years ago, Marion developed a specially curved, adjustable paddle blade that provided a unique "figure 8" mixing action. The paddle mixer's rugged design and ability to blend both dry and wet materials proved ideal for feed applications. During the 40's and 50's, feed mills and farmers' cooperatives across the country made the brand name "Marion" a standard within the industry. A "Marion" paddle mixer featured rugged, cast iron arms and hardened adjustable paddle blades. Even with the adverse environmental conditions of feed mills, many of the Marion's batch mixers built in the early 1940's are still in operation today.
In later years, Marion's paddle mixer design was adapted to meet the increasingly sophisticated requirements of industries such as chemicals, foods, minerals and plastics. Stainless steel batch mixer models were added for sanitary or hazardous applications. Welded arm designs were added for easy clean out. Continuous mixers were developed for use on process lines. Mixers with high-speed choppers, heating and cooling jackets and vacuum capabilities were designed.
As Marion's popularity grew within a number of different industries, so did our line of products. Marion builds a double-flight ribbon agitator with 2 inner and 2 outer ribbons for twice the mixing action as single-flight designs.
After nearly 70 years of application experience, Marion's style of mixer has proven successful in hundreds of applications. Each machine is designed and built to meet the exact requirements of each application. Experienced fabricators hand craft each machine... no assembly lines, no mass production. Our company was founded on a few basic principles and we hold true to these philosophies to this day...
Marion Mixers' Philosophies
- Treat the customer with respect, fairness and prompt service at all times.
- Constantly search for ways of making products and service better.
- Never compromise quality for quantity.
Product: Marions are used World Wide in 70 Different Countries
- Marions are designed and produced in our world headquarters located in Marion, Iowa, USA.
- Each machine is individually designed, fabricated and inspected to ensure the needs of the customer are met.
- Based on a database of thousands of proven applications, new mixers are designed for volume, horsepower and production through-put.
- Various alloys of stainless, carbon and abrasion resistant steel are used to match material properties with application needs.
- Documented quality control procedures ensure each mixer meets our exacting standards.
Customer Service: Nearly 70 Years of Application Expertise
Value: 25% of Industrial Fortune 500 Companies Use Marions
- Marions are designed for decades of consistent, trouble-free production. Our craftsmen build only the best: solid core agitator shaft, machined castings for seal housings, hand polished finish for sanitary units, .020" blade clearance with trough, plasma cut bearing plates and laser cut safety grates.
- The production team at Marion uses state-of-the-art welding and fabrication equipment. These extra efforts can be seen in the appearance and performance of our mixers.
- Marion stands behind every mixer built. We warrant our workmanship and materials for 12 months after installation and 15 months after the sale.
|Equipment Components & Variations
||Industries or Processes|
Chilled Cooled Jacket